Join Pak Army PMA Long Course is for regular commission officers of combat and battle support arms & services. The duration of the PMA LC is two years. Further divided into four terms of six months each.
After the 2-year training period, Cadets pass out as 2nd Lieutenants. Want to join Pakistan Army as an officer? Read detailed information about PMA long course registration. Click on the link to download PDF file.
Pakistan Army has recently published an advertisement on its official website for the 153th PMA Long Course. If Candidates are interested in Joining Pak Army and want to serve their country with integrity are heartened to Join Military.
Joining Army as an officer is every patriot’s dream to serve their motherland. Pakistan Army is recognized as one of the Best-Armed Forces all over the world.
Pakistan Army offers multiple vacancies throughout the year for candidates. Pakistan Army PMA Long Course creates the base of candidates because it consists of the fresh and most suitable candidates among all Pakistan Army men.
The online registration process to Join Pak Army 153 PMA Long Course will be started on 09 October to 03 December 2023. For more information about how to Join Pak Army, check the detailed criteria given below and apply respectively. Also, check: History of Pakistan Army
| Welcome to PMA Kakul Admission |
Join Pak Army PMA Long Course 153 Details
|Marital Status||Unmarried (Married personnel of the Armed Forces over 20 years of age is eligible)|
|Course Offered||PMA 153 Long Course|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Application Start Date||09 October 2023|
|Application End Date||03 December 2023|
|Preliminary Tests||22 November 2023 to 19 January 2024|
Age Requirements for PMA LC
- Intermediate or equivalent (Age: 17-22 Years – Three Months Relaxation).
- Graduates with 4 years programs (Age: 17-24 Years – No Relaxation).
- Graduation program (BS/BA-(HON)/BBA/BPA), Graduates (2 years Graduation) & serving PN / PAF Personnel. (Age: 17-23 Years – Three Months Relaxation).
- Requirements for Serving Army Soldiers (Age: 17-25 Years – No Relaxation)
Eligibility Criteria to Join PMA Course
Following the given eligibility criteria to Join Pak Army 153 PMA Long Course:
- Citizens of Pakistan and domicile holders of Azad Kashmir / Gilgit-Baltistan can apply for PMA Long Course.
- Only Male candidates can apply.
- Height must be 5’-4″ (162.5 cm) and weight as per body mass index.
- Candidates who secure a minimum of 55% marks in Intermediate (FA/FSC) or equivalent
- Graduates can apply who secure 60% marks or above, with 50% marks FA/FSc.
- Serving Army Soldiers also can apply if they have passed FA/FSC or equivalent with 50% marks.
- The candidate must be Mentally and Physically Fit.
- The candidate must be Medically Fit.
Check: Join Pak Army After Matric
If a student has passed Part-I of the Intermediate Examination with at least 60% marks and plans to take Part II/Final Examination, a Hope Certificate can be issued by the institution’s head.
Verification of Marks Sheet/ Certificate
The candidate who does not have certificates or have duplicate/revised mark sheets/certificates from the matriculation, intermediate, BA/BSc courses have to obtain a Verification Certificate from the Secretary/ Controller Examination of the concerned board/university.
Candidates with 60% aggregate marks applying in Pakistan are eligible for PMA long course admission without needing an equivalence certificate. Candidates with less than three Cs in A level or equivalent examinations from abroad or from Pakistan must submit an equivalency certificate issued by the Inter Board of Chairman Committee (IBC).
- If a TCC candidate applies to PMA long course and has undergone ISSB, irrespective of the outcome, they are considered repeaters as well.
- Repeaters must report to Army Selection and Recruitment Centers (AS&RCs) between
17 – 27 May 2023for preliminary exams.
Related: Top Cadet Colleges in Pakistan
PMA LC Joining Procedure
Detailed information about PMA long course Joining Procedure: Following will be included in the initial test with weights assigned in the module:-
(1) Written/ Intelligence
- Verbal Test
- Nonverbal Intelligence Test
- Academic Test
- General Knowledge
- Islamic Studies
- Current Affairs
- Pak Studies
- General Science
(2) Medical Examination
- Initial Medical Checkups
- Cholesterol Level
- Blood Pressure
(3) Physical Test
- Run Test
(4) Interview by National Security and War Course (NSWC) Brigadier
- Confidence and Expression
- Knowledge about Current Affairs
- Knowledge about Geo and Pakistan Studies
- Overall Outlook
- Extracurricular activities including Sports and Hobbies
- Any other aspect as assumed suitable by the Panel
(5) Final Selection through Merit
Also, check: Lady Cadet Course
Pak Army Selection Process of PMA LC
You have to go through the following selection procedure to join PMA long course:
There are two steps for registration. Either register online or visit your nearest Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs).
Once you completed the registration process, they will notify you about the next entry test schedule, which will conduct at your selected ASRC.
The Initial test includes Verbal, Non-Verbal, and General Knowledge Part. Once you pass the test, you will be asked for a physical examination.
Check now: Join FIA
|Run||1.6 Km in 8 Minutes||3 Marks|
|Pull Ups||3 Repetitions in 2 Minutes||2 Marks|
|Push Ups||15 Repetitions in 2 Minutes||2 Marks|
|Crunches||20 Repetitions in 2 Minutes||2 Marks|
|Ditch Crossing||7.4 Feet||1 Mark|
All events are mandatory to clear for each candidate. After passing the all Physical Test, you will be called for a Medical Test.
Candidates will go through the initial Medical Checkups. If your tests are cleared, then you will be issued an ISSB Form.
Inter-Services Selection Board (ISSB)
Selected candidates will go through an ISSB test where they will be tested Mentally and Physically for 5 days.
This is the last process of selecting candidates who will undergo final medical checkups.
The final interview will be conducted by S&ROs (instead of a Brig by the formation) and a Psychologist for candidates who pass the written, medical and physical tests. Each candidate must write a 10-line essay in English and Urdu before the interview.
Candidates will receive plain paper before interview for English and Urdu essays. There will be a board displaying the Topic of the Day in exam hall / room. Every candidate appearing in an interview will receive pointers from S&RO. It is not possible for a candidate to receive an Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) form if he or she scores less than 12 points.
Marks will be given out of 20 to each candidate. The following guidelines are provided for the conduct of interviews:
- Confidence and expression.
- A good understanding of current affairs is necessary.
- Good understanding of Geo and Pakistan studies.
- Overall outlook.
- Active extracurricular activities, including hobbies and sports.
- Other things deemed relevant by the Panel.
- Ensure that all AS&RCs record every candidate’s interview through CCTV and share those recordings on weekly CDs with PA DTE.
In the final selection, the candidate will be selected based on its performance and Merit at General Headquarters (GHQ). Candidates will be notified about their PMA long course selection after 5 days via E-Mail.
Vacancies for Engineers in Pak Army are open. Register yourself For Technical Cadet Course
A candidate from abroad is not required to participate in Preliminary Selection. Attaches to the Defence Department will ascertain the candidates’ overall suitability, as well as their stammering and physical deformity. Candidates should contact the Pakistani Embassies (Military/Defence Attaches) in their country of residence for an application form.
Candidates must submit their applications for PMA long course along with necessary documents by 26 January 2024 through Pakistani Embassies. Applications must also indicate a Pakistani postal address so that call-up notices and correspondence can be sent to the candidates’ Pakistani addresses for ISSB tests/interviews. It is not possible to receive any traveling allowance for travel to or from Pakistan.
Note: Candidates who are not selected for current entry but meet the eligibility requirements for PMA Long Course entry will be considered for the next entry.
- Certificates/Marks Sheets of Matric/FA/FSc/Equivalent.
- Computerized National Identity Card if the applicant is 18 years or older. A computerized Form B along with a parent or guardian’s computerized ID card if the applicant is less than 18 years old.
- One set of attested copies of the documents listed above.
- 3 Passport-sized colored photos (front and back) attested by the Principal/Class-1 Gazetted Officer.
- “Repeater Candidates” also need one original and one photocopy of “NOT RECOMMENDED” letters from Inter Services Selection Boards (ISSBs).
Note: Old National Identity Card won’t be accepted.
- Rejected twice by the Inter Service Selection Board (ISSB).
- Trice failure in initial test (Int/ Academic) will be ineligible for future PMA Long Course.
- Two times screened out by the Inter Service Selection Board (ISSB).
- If a waiver has been granted by the competent authority, the test must be taken within four months (120 days) of the candidate’s previous appearance before the Inter Service Selection Board (ISSB).
- A person who has been dismissed, removed, or debarred from the government service or armed forces.
- Any heinous offence (to be determined by the competent military authority) convicted in a court of law.
- The Appeal Medical Board has permanently declared the patient UNFIT (PUF by the AMB). Any Armed Forces Hospital has declared him unfit, except those who have been cleared by the Appeal Medical Board. When medically unfit for flying, Pakistan Air Force candidates can undergo routine medical examinations as normal candidates if they wish to join another branch of the armed forces.
- Due to Hepatitis B & C, declared medically unfit (unable to request an AMB).
- Candidates cannot apply for PMA Long Course if dismissed from any bonded Armed Forces institution/college.
- Any withdrawal, discharge, resignation, or purchase of commission from any academy or training institution of the armed forces.
- Any applicant who tempers academic certificates, forges them, or conceals them in order to gain an unfair advantage will be permanently ineligible for any kind of commission in the Armed Forces.
- A candidate declared positive for drugs at CMHs, Military Hospitals, or AFIP will be permanently ineligible to join PMA long course or Training Institutions.
Note: The ISSB Selection system assesses the potential of natural officers. Coaches on ISSB tests adversely affect the chances of selection and produce many contradictions in personality traits. It will be considered ineligible to apply for commissions if any candidate trained in a private coaching center is found.
Read: Join Punjab Police
Pakistani Nationals Residing Abroad
Candidates who live abroad are not required to participate in the Preliminary Selection process. Defense Attaches will, however, certify their general suitability, physical deformities, and stammering issues. Candidates should contact Pakistani Embassies (Military/Defense Attaches) in their country of residence for applications.
The Application Forms as well as related documents must be submitted to Pakistani embassies by
15 July 2022. An application form should be attached to a postal order for Rs. 100/- and a bank draft for Rs. 500/- in the name of the Director-General Personnel Administration at General Headquarters Rawalpindi.
Applications should also indicate candidates’ Pakistani addresses so that Inter-Service Selection Board (ISSB) examinations/ interviews and any further correspondence can be sent to those candidates at the Pakistani addresses. There will be no allowance for travel to or from Pakistan.
Please note: If the number of selected candidates exceeds the number of inductions required, the remaining candidates will be considered for the next Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Long Course entry, provided that the required requirements are met.
Check: Join Pak Army as ICTO
How to Apply?
To Join Pak Army PMA Long Course, you need to register yourself online. The official link to apply is given below. Best of Luck.
| APPLY NOW |
Follow Us On Instagram
If you want to talk to us directly or need instant updates for jobs then follow us on Instagram: Pakistanforcex. Click on this image to check our profile: