Learn how to attest degree from HEC. Attesting documents from the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan is a straightforward process. The HEC is the apex body for higher education in the country, and all documents submitted to the HEC need to be attested prior to submission.
The procedure for degree attestation from the HEC is easy and straightforward. In this article, we will discuss the process of HEC degree verification.
Attesting documents from Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan can be a confusing and time-consuming process. However, by following these step-by-step instructions on how to attest degree from HEC, you can ensure that your documents are properly attested and ready to use.
Read: Join Pak Army
1. Gather all necessary documents
Before you begin the attestation process, make sure that you have all the necessary documents. These may include your original degree, transcript, and any other relevant certificates. It is important to note that HEC only attests original documents, so photocopies will not be accepted.
2. Fill out the attestation form
The next step is to fill out the attestation form provided by HEC. This form can be found on the HEC website or obtained in person at the HEC office. The form will ask for your personal information, such as your name and address, as well as information about the document you are attesting. Make sure to fill out the form accurately and completely.
3. Submit the form and documents
Once you have completed the attestation form, you will need to submit it along with your original documents to the HEC office. It is important to note that you will need to provide a photocopy of your CNIC or passport as well. Make sure that you have at least two copies of your document because one will be retained by the HEC and the other will be returned to you after attestation.
HEC will notify applicants via SMS and email if the provisional/initial scrutiny of their application has been successful.
- Depending on the availability of time slots, walk-in urgent applicants may schedule their appointments (for walk-in only).
- Use a designated courier service to send documents.
Application forms submitted under walk-in urgent mode are attested and returned the same day. First-come, first-served applications are processed through courier service and returned to applicants through courier service. Applicants are notified via SMS and email when the attestation process at HEC has been completed.
During degree attestation, applicants must provide original documents for all previous qualifications (matriculation onward) along with a set of photocopies.
There are two modes of operation:
- Applicants applying under walk-in mode will be able to self-submit their degree attestation or have any person obtain attestation on their behalf under this mode.
- All normal applications can be processed using an authorized courier service. If the applicant lives abroad, or within the country, he/she can send documents for attestation via a designated courier service, where the courier company is responsible for attestation and returning the documents to the applicant. You can find more information on Attestation through Courier Service.
You can review the “Procedure for Online Attestation”, “User Manual” & “FAQs” if you need clarification. Alternatively, you may register a complaint at online or call the designated number provided at “Contact Us”. The response time for all queries is 72 hours.
Applicants may request HEC to seal their attested documents in envelopes (for WES/ICAS, etc.) if they wish. Candidates are responsible for gathering relevant information from evaluating agencies, universities, etc., about documents required in sealed envelopes and applying for attestation accordingly. You can find more information by clicking the link “Requirement for documents in sealed envelopes”.
Read: Join Pak Navy
4. Pay the fee
There is a fee to attest degree from HEC, which must be paid at the time of submission. The fee varies depending on the type of document and the number of copies that need to be attested. You can pay the fee in cash or through a bank draft.
HEC degree attestation fee is Rs. 1000/- for one original document and a fee of Rs. 700/- for attestation of one photocopy.
5. Wait for the process to be completed
Once you have submitted your form, documents, and fee, you will need to wait for the attestation process to be completed. The time it takes to complete the process can vary depending on the workload at HEC office. You can check the status of your application online or in person at the office.
6. Collect your attested documents
Once the attestation process is complete, you will be able to collect your attested documents from the HEC office. Make sure to bring your original CNIC or passport, as well as a photocopy, as these will be required to collect your documents.
Overall, attesting documents from HEC Pakistan can be a confusing and time-consuming process, but by following these steps you can ensure that your documents are properly attested and ready to use. It is important to note that the process may take some time, so plan accordingly and keep a copy of all the documents you submit to the HEC office.
Read: Join Pakistan Air Force
- The process and fees might change with time, so make sure to check the HEC’s website for updates and to confirm the accurate information before proceeding.
- HEC will confiscate false documents and take necessary action against fraudsters in accordance with the approved policy and rules.
- You may experience inconvenience if you provide incomplete or false information.