Learn how to get equivalence certificate from HEC. Attesting an equivalent certificate from Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan is a process that is required for individuals who have completed their education from a foreign institution and wish to use their credentials in Pakistan.
The process can be confusing and time-consuming, but by following these step-by-step instructions, you can ensure that your equivalent certificate is properly attested and ready to use.
HEC equivalence certificate list:
- Foreign Equivalence
- Local Equivalence
- Deeni Asnad
HEC equivalence certificate for foreign degree
The following is a detailed procedure for completing and submitting the Foreign Equivalence, Local Equivalence, and Deeni Asnad application forms.
1. Gather all necessary documents
Before you begin the attestation process, make sure that you have all the necessary documents. These may include your original degree, transcript, and any other relevant certificates from the foreign institution where you completed your education. It is important to note that HEC only attests original documents, so photocopies will not be accepted.
2. Get your documents verified by the relevant department
The next step is to get your documents verified by the relevant department of the foreign institution where you completed your education. This can typically be done by submitting your documents to the registrar’s office. They will verify that your documents are genuine and will also provide a letter of verification.
3. Get your documents authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)
Once your documents are verified by the relevant department of the foreign institution, you will need to get them authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of the country where the institution is located. This will typically involve submitting your documents to the MOFA and paying a fee. Once your documents are authenticated, you will receive a certificate of authentication.
Read: Join Pak Army
4. Submit your documents to HEC
After your documents are authenticated by MOFA, the next step is to submit them to HEC Pakistan. You will need to fill out an equivalent certificate form, which can be found on the HEC website or obtained in person at the HEC office.
Along with the form, you will need to submit your original degree, transcript, and any other relevant certificates, as well as the letter of verification and certificate of authentication from the foreign institution and MOFA.
- Once you have filled out the online form, you need to upload a copy of your degree (for which you are seeking equivalence). Your degree must be translated by NUML or the concerned Embassy/University if it is not in English.
- Also, you will need copies of your Transcript (year-by-year), Diploma Supplement, Graduation Statement, or Records of Study that include the dates of your admission and graduation. The NUML or the relevant Embassy/University should be consulted in case your degree is not in English.
- You will also need to provide a copy of your passport containing your entry and exit dates for the duration of your studies in the respective country.
- Finally, copy your CNIC.
Read: Join Pak Navy
- The above-mentioned original documents will need to be presented to the HEC Head Office or the HEC Regional Centre in Lahore, Quetta, Peshawar, or Karachi for endorsement “Seen Original And Verified”.
- The policy requires applicants to verify the genuineness of the degrees/diplomas directly to HEC in order to get the equivalence of degrees/diplomas.
- HEC can verify the authenticity of degrees and diplomas through sealed envelopes from universities. (OR)
- The applicant can provide HEC with verification of the legitimacy of degrees and diplomas via email from the university.
- Make sure you include your Application ID in your correspondence with the university.
5. Pay the fee
There is a fee for attesting an equivalent certificate, which must be paid at the time of submission. The fee varies depending on the type of document and the number of copies that need to be attested. There is an equivalent fee for each degree or diploma of PKR 5000/-, which is NON-REFUNDABLE. You can pay the fee in cash or through a bank draft.
Read: Join Pakistan Air Force
6. Wait for the process to be completed
Once you have submitted your form, documents, and fee, you will need to wait for the attestation process to be completed. The time it takes to complete the process can vary depending on the workload at HEC office. You can check the status of your application online or in person at the office.
7. Collect your attested equivalent certificate
Once the attestation process is complete, you will be able to collect your attested equivalent certificate from the HEC office. Make sure to bring your original CNIC or passport, as well as a photocopy, as these will be required to collect your certificate.
Overall, attesting an equivalent certificate from HEC Pakistan can be a confusing and time-consuming process, but by following these steps you can ensure that your certificate is properly attested and ready to use. It is important to note that the process may take some time, so plan accordingly and keep a copy of all the documents you submit to the HEC office and other relevant departments.
Note: The process and fees might change with time, so make sure to check the HEC’s website for updates and to confirm the accurate information before proceeding.
For Local degree equivalence
If you want to get equivalence certificate for a local degree, you will need to fill out the application form (E-01).
- The following documents are required: original and photocopies of all diplomas and degrees (from diploma to graduation), CNIC, and bank draft for application processing fee.
- Transcripts (year-wise) / DMCs / Result Cards, which contain date of admission, degree completion and term/semester duration, are also required.
- Applicants with professional degrees/diplomas must provide proof of membership in a professional organization.
For local degrees or diplomas, HEC equivalence certificate fee is PKR 2000/- and is non-refundable.
- The original documents mentioned above must be submitted for endorsement (“Seen Original And Verified”) at HEC Regional Centres, Lahore/ Quetta/ Peshawar/ Karachi when applying.
Certificate of equivalence for Deeni Asnad
You will need to fill out the HEC equivalence certificate form (which needs to be signed and verified by the concerned Madaris Nazim-e-Ala for Deeni Asnad).
- Photocopies of each Sanad/Kashful Darajat duly signed by the concerned Madaris Nazim-e-Ala are required.
- Each Sanad/Kashful Darajat (year-wise) containing your admission dates, degree completion dates and semester/term durations is required.
- Additionally, IBCC attestation of Sanvia Amaaa and Sanvia Khasa.
- The last thing you need to do is make a copy of your CNIC or passport (if you are a foreigner).
The original documents mentioned above must be submitted for endorsement (“Seen Original And Verified”) at HEC Regional Centres, Lahore/ Quetta/ Peshawar/ Karachi when applying.
Here are the fees for the Equivalence degree:
|Equivalence Certificate||Fee for Local Degree in PKR||Fee for Foreign Degree in PKR|
|Bachelors/ Master degree (up to 16 years schooling)||2000/-||5000/-|
|Master (17 years schooling)/ MS/ MPhil./ Ph.D.||2000/-||5000/-|
|Duplicate Equivalence letter||300/-||500/-|
What is the procedure for depositing fees?
You can deposit the Equivalence fee through the following methods:
- The payment can be made in cash at the Finance Division of HEC in Islamabad.
- A bank draft.
- An official pay order made out to HEC’s Director General (Finance), Islamabad.
Hopefully, we have provided you with all the information you need.