Military Intelligence (MI) is the Head intelligence branch of the Pakistan Army and its headquarter is located at Army General Headquarters, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Latest Military Jobs: JoinPakArmy gov pk
Pakistan has three main intelligence agencies that are Military Intelligence (MI), Intelligence Bureau (IB), and Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI). Every agency has its own individual responsibilities but the only main objective is to provide national security to its motherland.
The primary mission of MI is to regulate the military capability and any other information related to armed forces of rival countries.
The MI Agency was created and served by Major General Robert Cawthom, then also established the ISI in the 1950s. MI also reported the Martial Law that it was fully applied in the each and every part of the country.
Late in 1980s, MI did operations in the Sindh against Pakistan Communist Party (PPC) and Indian Intelligence secret agents.
Major General Jamshed Gulzar Kiani conducted a progression of Intelligence-Based Operations (IBOs) including with MI against the enemy during the Kargil War.
Although, the MI performed another takeover against government of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif that was elected in accordance with the principles of democracy. The MI did an important and essential role in bringing back General Pervez Musharraf (Chief of the Pakistan Army) and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, to political power.
The MI works with the masterminds with Naval Intelligence (NI) of Pakistan Navy and Air Intelligence (AI) of Pakistan Air Forces. They report all works to the Director-General of (MI). All the selected officers and commissioned personnel are from the Army.
The Military Intelligence also keeps a close and bird eye on the officers of the Pakistan Army. Apart from this, the duty of Military Intelligence is to gather offensive counter-insurgency intelligence, spot out and terminating the sleeping cells of foreign agents and other anti-state works of Pakistan. The MI was lead by Lieutenant General Syed Asim Munir Ahmed Shah, Three-Star General of Pakistan Army.
Military Intelligence Services and Agencies of Pakistan
The List of Intelligence Services and Agencies of Pakistan are as follows:
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA)
- Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- National Crises Management Cell (NCMC)
- National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA)
- Military Intelligence (MI)
- Naval Intelligence (NI)
- Air Intelligence (AI)
- National Accountability Bureau (NAB)
- Directorate-General of Intelligence and Investigation (DGII)
- Joint Signal Intelligence Bureau (JSIB)
- Financial Monitoring Unit (FMU)
- Joint Intelligence Technical (JIT)
- Joint Intelligence X (JIX)
- Joint Intelligence X
- National Intelligence Directorate (NID)
- Threat Matrix
- Strategic depth
- Ordinance VIII (1948)
- HRC Report (1974)
- Companies Ordinances (1984)
- SuRC Report (1992)
- AC Report (2013)
- Protection of Pakistan Ordinance (2014)
- National Security Council C2NS
- JS HQ
- National Intelligence Coordination Committee (NICC)